Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Meet Josh...

Josh


Josh will be our officiant. He and Zak first crossed paths in pre-school, and the story of their first meeting is legendary. The only way to really appreciate the tale is to listen to the two of them, with smiles on their faces, talking over one another to get it told. My words won't do it justice, but I'll try.

It was Zak's first day at school. He nervously walked into a room full of already seated children to find he was immediately "on the spot." Just like any young student who is new to a class, he had to endure the whole-class introduction.



 Well-Meaning Early Childhood Instructor: Class, I'd like you to meet our new student. This is Zak Van Winkle.

Josh (standing from among the crowd and pointing directly at Zak):  Ha-ha! Van Winkle! Ha!

Both boys remember the story the exact same way, and I am happy to report that not much has changed. Josh will still speak his mind, cause all kinds of ruckus laughter, and take control of any given situation. These two are actually quite the infamous duo around here. If you've ever heard a Zak and Josh podcast or felt dumb at Zak and Josh Trivia, you know that they share an entertaining chemistry and a really special bond. 


Josh is also the first of Zak's friends that I met when we started dating, and I adored him immediately. Over the years we have built a friendship that I genuinely love, and it means so much to me that he will be the one to marry us. He knows us as individuals and together, and I am confident he will do a beautiful job at the wedding. I also know he will make us laugh...like crazy.




No comments:

Post a Comment