Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas...like crazy






I have been a little sappy about this holiday season because it will be the only one Zak and I have as an engaged couple, and man, did this engaged couple have us some Christmas! It was a very special two-day whirl-wind. Check it out:

It started with a quiet Christmas Eve morning, just the two of us. We stuffed stockings and exchanged gifts. (Check out my celebrity dream date, James Franco, peaking out from the top of my stocking. Merry Christmas to me!)

Quick picture in front of the tree (kind of) before we ran out the door.
Our first stop was at our friend Nate's house. He hosted a really lovely Christmas Eve brunch, and we were happy to hug some friends and spend time talking about whether Peter's tank-top had a dog, a wolf, or a bear on it. It's on a sled, so it could be any one of those.
I have spent every Christmas Eve of my life at my Grandma's house. I got to play with my favorite kiddos. My amazing niece (and flower girl), Marigold insisted I continue to put on the princess crown.

Michelle's son, Alexander (ring bearer) is so fun and lovable and funny and good.
Zak put the finishing touches on the traditional family broccoli casserole.

I got to take all kinds of pictures with Fidelia and Michelle (2/3s of my bridesmaids).

My brother, Casey, Zak, Fidelia and I sat on the traditional "present opening bench" at Grandma's house.


Michelle, Eric, and Alexander were kind enough to share their Christmas morning with us, so we slept over at their place. Before bed, Zak showed off his gifts from my Grandma...plaid pajama pants and a very different plaid shirt. It's a good look.
Fortunately, Santa found us.

Alexander could not have been more delightful on Christmas morning. He reminded Zak and I both how magical Christmas can be.

He and Zak played with his new train set, as well as his new video game (not pictured, but equally adorable).

Our next stop was Casey and Fidelia's house.


My dad literally had a bag full of toys...kind of. He was the jolliest.

I have the prettiest sister.

Zak showed off some kind of gift he received. Look at his face...clearly, we're having the best time.
Zak's not the only one lovin' some gifts! Best of all, Marigold really liked the outfit Uncle Zak and I got her!
After we said good-bye to the Schoolcrafts, we headed back to Bellingham to spend the rest of Christmas with Zak's parents. His mom, Kathy, made me a stocking last year, and it means so much to be a part of the family!

We made cider. (It had the Captain, of course.)
Really cute one of the Van Winkles!



We decided we look pretty good when we're crouching, so I'm going to have to find a wedding dress I can get low in.
 By the end of the weekend, we were exhausted and truly overwhelmed by how fortunate we are to have such incredible family and friends to share our lives with. Bring on 2012! It's going to be a really good one!



2 comments:

  1. I am overwhelmed by the amount of stops you made. You guys are Christmas Champs. I'm so lucky to have spent two of your stops with you. Smooch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Amazing Christmas adventures...like crazy.
    2. I thought you took the GOOD picture of the three of us! I look...like crazy.
    3. We're totally crouching for wedding pictures...like crazy. After I get Wilson Phillips to perform at your ceremony.
    Oh...and loveyousomuch...like crazy.
    Don't stop blogging.

    ReplyDelete